It’s cookie time again, because Destiny 2The Dawning Holiday Event has come to town. Eva Levante, space grandmother and Guardians’ favorite holiday vendor, is back in the tower and ready to start your baking quest. This year even comes with a few novelties, including a new weapon.
In this Destiny 2 Dawning 2022 guide, we will help you complete all of Eva Levante’s recipes and complete her challenges so you can unlock the new Star Baker title.
All Dawning Ingredients and Recipe List
In order to bake cookies for NPCs – the main objective of The Dawning – you will need special ingredients.
Eva Levante will give you bounties that have certain ingredients as rewards, which is an easy way to guarantee a drop of what you need. In fact, you don’t need to do bounties if you know how to farm each ingredient individually, but you will have to do bounties to get the Dawning Spirit Resourcewhich we will discuss later.
As of The Dawning 2021, you can now open your Oven 2.1 to see exactly how to get each ingredient. We have also listed their sources below.
Uncommon Enemy Ingredients
Despite their name, these uncommon ingredients are easy to find, and they will appear in your inventory randomly when you kill certain types of enemies.
- Vex Milk – collected from Vex, most often found on Nessus and Europa
- ether cane – collected in Fallen, most commonly found in the EDZ, Moon, Tangled Shore, and Europa
- cabala oil – collected from Cabal, most commonly found in the EDZ and Tangled Shore
- chitin powder – collected in Hive, most commonly found on the Tangled Shore, Moon, and Dreaming City
- Butter taken – collected from Taken, most commonly found in the EDZ and Dreaming City
- Dark Aether Cane – collected from Scorn, most commonly found on Tangled Shore and Dreaming City
Rare Lethal Ingredients
You’ll earn these ingredients – rarely – by killing enemies in very specific ways. There are several, so you’ll need to change your playstyle to get a surplus of everything.
- Delicious explosions – kills explosives of any kind (class grenade, rocket launcher, grenade launcher)
- Tang – the sword kills on any type of enemy
- Impossible heat – solar kills with class abilities or weapon item
- electric flavor – Arc kills with class abilities or weapon item
- Bad taste – Void kills with class abilities or weapon item
- Flash of inspiration – generate orbs of light with weapons or masterwork supers
- personal touch – melee kills on any type of enemy
- Perfect taste – precision kills on any type of enemy
- bullet spray — kills with automatic weapons (heavy machine gun, automatic rifle, machine gun)
- The final touch — kills with Finishing Moves
- Balanced flavors – bow kills, sniper kills, scout rifle, pulse rifle kills
- Multi-faceted flavors – gain multi-kills on any type of enemy
- Superb Texture – Super kills on any type of enemy
- dark icing – earned by defeating enemies with stasis damage
Eva’s recipe list
Each recipe will consist of a rare ingredient, a rare ingredient and 15 Essence of Dawn – which you get by completing any activity in the world or through bounties. The longer or harder the activity, the more essence you earn.
To cook, open your Quest menu and interact with Eva’s Holiday Oven 2.1. Combine two ingredients and some Essence of Dawning to make a treat. Starting in 2021, you’ll be able to see all recipes, whether you’ve baked that treat before or not.
There’s a new recipe and some favorites back in 2022. Here’s a full list of cookies and their recipes:
- Vanilla Blades for Lord Shaxx — Cabala Oil, Tangy Flavor, Essence of Dawn
- Gjallardoodles for Commander Zavala — Ether Cane, Delightful Explosion, Essence of Dawning
- Eliksni Birdseed for Hawthorne — Ether Cane, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Chocolate cookies for Amanda Holliday — Cabala Oil, Null Taste, Essence of Dawn
- Infinite Forest Cake for Failsafe — Vex Milk, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawning
- Shortbread Gentleman for Devrim Kay — Ether Cane, Perfect Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Traveler donut holes for Ikora — Cabal Oil, Bolt of Inspiration, Essence of Dawning
- Tapioca Telemetry for Banshee-44 —Vex Milk, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Weird Cookies for Xur – Taken Butter, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawn
- Bad luck cookies for Petra Venj — Dark Aether Cane, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawn
- Dark Chocolate Motes for The Drifter – Taken Butter, Null Taste, Essence of Dawn
- Lavender ribbon cookies for Saint-14 —Vex Milk, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Raisin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for Eris Morn — Chitin Powder, Finishing Touch, Essence of Dawn
- Classic butter cookies for Eva Levante — Taken butter, superb texture, essence of dawn
- Sweet and Sour Crow Biscotti — Dark Aether Cane, Balanced Flavors, Essence of Dawn
- Etheric Chills for Variks — Chitin Powder, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawn
- Blueberry crumblers for Shaw Han – Ether Cane, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Shiny snowballs for Tess Everis — Chitin Powder, Multifaceted Flavors, Essence of Dawn
- Starwort Thins for Alien Exo — Dark Aether Cane, Dark Icing, Essence of Dawn
- Lucent Crunch for Fynch — Chitin Powder, Perfect Taste, Essence of Dawn
- Candy Dead Ghosts for Spider – Dark Aether Cane, Bolt of Inspiration, Essence of Dawn
- Crossfire hot buns for Ada-1 — Ether Cane, balanced flavors, essence of dawn
Once you have prepared each recipe, you can master your oven to reduce the cost of the Essence of Dawning to 10 per treat. You should prioritize baking every cookie at least once over completing quests for Eva.
Dawn Upgrades, Rewards, and Challenges
The Dawning 2022 got the new holiday treatment that we also saw Bungie implement with this year’s Festival of the Lost and Solstice. There are now event challenges to earn, as well as a title to claim and possibly gild. There are also, of course, upgrades for Eva that will help make your Dawning event much more efficient and profitable.
The budding spirit currency is back from 2021. The spirit comes from premiums, Challengesand give gifts. Eva will teach you the system in her introductory quest. Next, she will ask you to bake a cookie for each of the NPCs in the game.
You can use Dawning Spirit to upgrade Eva with new perks, which we’ve listed below. All seven upgrades cost 40 Spirit of Dawning eachwhile snowball updates cost 20 Nascent Spirit each:
- Party animal — Receive a daily friendship boon from Eva Levante
- A bountiful harvest — Spawning bounties reward an additional random ingredient
- essential harvest – Dawn Bounties reward a small amount of Dawn Essence
- Gift-wrapped exchange ticket – Unlocks access to Unity and Edgy Gift Exchange focus options
- Limited Exchange Ticket – Unlocks the ability to individually focus Eva’s weapons
- Gay gifts – During Dawning 2022, Dawning weapons have a chance to drop with an extra perk in the left column
- Perkier presents – During Dawning 2022, Dawning weapons have a chance to drop with an additional perk in the right column
- long winter — Increases the duration of the slowing effect applied by snowballs
- longer winter — Increases the amount of slowing effect applied to fighters damaged by snowballs
- The longest winter — Snowballs instantly freeze targets
- stay icy — Snowballs leave a Stasis mine on impact
- Gift that keeps on giving — Breaking frozen fighters causes them to drop snowballs
The Stay Frosty Stasis the pulse rifle is the new trend this year. This is a Lightweight Frame Stasis pulse rifle that is also part of the Omolon family. You’ll get the first of these by completing Eva’s Dawn of Dawning challenge, which serves as the tutorial for this year’s holiday event.
As in previous years, you can get more Stay Frostys – as well as old Dawning weapons like Cold Front, Avalanche, and Glacioclasm – by crafting cookies into NPCs.
The new Holiday Challenges are full of activities you might expect, like throwing snowballs at people and baking cookies. But they also come with great rewards, and you’ll need to complete almost all of them if you want to become “Star Baker” with the new title.
- Dawn of dawn – Complete the Dawning Intro Quests, “Bake a Cookie” and “Give Zavala a Gift” (Stay Frosty Pulse Rifle)
- hobby baker — Bake 6 cookies in the Dawning oven (Dawning Spirit)
- Expert baker — Bake 13 of the cookies in the oven of dawn (A Gift in Return, Dawning Spirit)
- Expert baker — Bake 20 of the Cookies in the Oven of Dawn (Improvement Prism, Spirit of Dawn)
- shopping spree – Purchase all 12 Dawning upgrades from Eva with Dawning Spirit (Hoarfrost Sunrise, Dawning Spirit)
- Snowball operations — Defeat 100 enemies with snowballs in the Vanguard Ops playlist (Joyful Gift, Dawning Spirit)
- snowball challenge — Defeat 100 enemies with snowballs in Dares of Eternity (A Gift in Return, Dawning Spirit)
- snow storm — Defeat enemies or Guardians with Arc weapons or abilities (Cold Front Submachine Gun, Upgrade Mod)
- Freezer – Defeat Fighters or Guardians with Stasis Weapons or Abilities (Zephyr Sword, Enhancement Cores)
- Melt of ice – Defeat fighters or Guardians with Solar weapons or abilities (Avalanche machine gun, upgrade modules)
- They call it snow — Defeat fighters or Guardians with Void weapons or abilities (Glacioclasm, Upgrade Mods)
- Vanguard Eternity — Complete Vanguard Ops or Dares of Eternity activities (A Gift in Return, Dawning Spirit)
- Competitive spirit – Complete Crucible or Gambit matches (A Gift in Return, Dawning Spirit)
- Nightmare Seraph Before Dawn – Complete Nightmare Containments or Heist Battlegrounds (a gift in return, the Spirit of Dawn)
- With the light comes the dawn – Complete activities in the world of Savathun Throne (A Gift in Return, Dawning Spirit)
- Bake Stravaganza — Bake 50 Cookies in the Oven of Dawn (Dawn of Chimes Shell, Dawning Spirit)
- Star baker – Earn the Dawning 2022 Seal (Ascending Shard, Ascending Alloy)